Peran Mediasi Persepsi Harga Terhadap Kualitas Pengalaman dan Kepuasan Wisatawan
The Role of Price Perception Mediation on the Quality of Tourist Experience and Satisfaction
Tourist experiences can provide an assessment of a destination by tourists. In the context of island destinations, this study aims to explore deeper the quality of tourist experiences, price perceptions, and tourist satisfaction. The quality of the tourist experience consists of various variables, including escapist, pleasure, relaxation and involvement. A total of 157 samples were obtained through online convenience sampling method for tourists who have visited Belitung Island. Respondents are devoted to tourists who are located outside Belitung Island to avoid biased answers from local residents. Structural Equation Model (SEM) was applied in this study. The results show that only the involvement factor in the quality of tourist experience can influence price perception. Perceptions of prices can indirectly mediate the quality of tourist experiences, except for relaxation. Regardless of the fact that visitors consider the price to be outrageous (expensive or unsuitable), they will still create a positive assessment of the destination if they can involve in the decision-making process. In turn they will be satisfied with their experiences.
2. Amoah, F., Radder, L., & van Eyk, M. (2016). Perceived experience value, satisfaction and behavioural intentions. African Journal of Economic and Management Studies.
3. Bec, A., Moyle, B., Timms, K., Schaffer, V., Skavronskaya, L., & Little, C. (2019). Management of immersive heritage tourism experiences: A conceptual model. Tourism Management, 72, 117–120.
4. Boateng, H., Okoe, A. F., & Hinson, R. E. (2018). Dark tourism: Exploring tourist’s experience at the Cape Coast Castle, Ghana. Tourism Management Perspectives, 27, 104–110.
5. Chen, C.-C., Huang, W.-J., & Petrick, J. F. (2016). Holiday recovery experiences, tourism satisfaction and life satisfaction–Is there a relationship? Tourism Management, 53, 140–147.
6. Chen, C.-F., & Chen, F.-S. (2010). Experience quality, perceived value, satisfaction and behavioral intentions for heritage tourists. Tourism Management, 31(1), 29–35.
7. Chen, C.-M., Yang, H.-W., Li, E. Y., & Liu, C.-C. (2015). How does hotel pricing influence guest satisfaction by the moderating influence of room occupancy? International Journal of Hospitality Management, 49, 136–138.
8. Chen, H., & Rahman, I. (2018). Cultural tourism: An analysis of engagement, cultural contact, memorable tourism experience and destination loyalty. Tourism Management Perspectives, 26, 153–163.
9. Dwyer, L., & Forsyth, P. (2011). Methods of estimating destination price competitiveness: A case of horses for courses? Current Issues in Tourism, 14(8), 751–777.
10. Gallarza, M. G., Arteaga-Moreno, F., Del Chiappa, G., & Gil-Saura, I. (2016). Intrinsic value dimensions and the value-satisfaction-loyalty chain: A causal model for services. Journal of Services Marketing.
11. Garau-Vadell, J. B., Gutiérrez-Taño, D., & Díaz-Armas, R. (2019). Residents’ support for P2P accommodation in mass tourism destinations. Journal of Travel Research, 58(4), 549–565.
12. Gentile, C., Spiller, N., & Noci, G. (2007). How to sustain the customer experience: An overview of experience components that co-create value with the customer. European Management Journal, 25(5), 395–410.
13. Hair, J. F., Anderson, R. E., Babin, B. J., & Black, W. C. (2010). Multivariate data analysis: A global perspective (Vol. 7). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
14. Hair, J. F., Gabriel, M., & Patel, V. (2014). AMOS covariance-based structural equation modeling (CB-SEM): Guidelines on its application as a marketing research tool. Brazilian Journal of Marketing, 13(2).
15. Han, H., & Hyun, S. S. (2015). Customer retention in the medical tourism industry: Impact of quality, satisfaction, trust, and price reasonableness. Tourism Management, 46, 20–29.
16. Han, H., & Kim, W. (2009). OUTCOMES OF RELATIONAL BENEFITS: RESTAURANT CUSTOMERS’PERSPECTIVE. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 26(8), 820–835.
17. Han, H., & Ryu, K. (2009). The roles of the physical environment, price perception, and customer satisfaction in determining customer loyalty in the restaurant industry. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, 33(4), 487–510.
18. Hosany, S., & Witham, M. (2010). Dimensions of cruisers’ experiences, satisfaction, and intention to recommend. Journal of Travel Research, 49(3), 351–364.
19. Kaura, V., Prasad, C. S. D., & Sharma, S. (2015). Service quality, service convenience, price and fairness, customer loyalty, and the mediating role of customer satisfaction. International Journal of Bank Marketing.
20. Kim, A. K., & Brown, G. (2012). Understanding the relationships between perceived travel experiences, overall satisfaction, and destination loyalty. Anatolia, 23(3), 328–347.
21. Kim, H.-W., Xu, Y., & Gupta, S. (2012). Which is more important in Internet shopping, perceived price or trust? Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 11(3), 241–252.
22. Kim, Y. H., Duncan, J., & Chung, B. W. (2015). Involvement, satisfaction, perceived value, and revisit intention: A case study of a food festival. Journal of Culinary Science & Technology, 13(2), 133–158.
23. Kusumah, E. P., Disman, D., & Hendrayati, H. (2020). Keterlibatan Merek Terhadap Kepuasan Dan Niat Berkunjung Kembali Konsumen Resort Terpadu. Jurnal Ecodemica: Jurnal Ekonomi, Manajemen, Dan Bisnis, 4(1), 135–145.
24. Kusumah, E. P., Hurriyati, R., & Dirgantari, P. D. (2019). Atribut Pemilihan Kualitas Restoran: Citra Merek dan Harga. Jurnal Bisnis Dan Manajemen, 6(2).
25. Kusumah, E. P., Suryadi, E., & Dirgantari, P. D. (2020). Prediksi keterikatan tempat: Motivasi, peringkat hotel berbintang, dan kualitas interaksi layanan karyawan. FORUM EKONOMI, 22(1), 152–163.
26. Lee, T. H., Jan, F.-H., Tseng, C. H., & Lin, Y. F. (2018). Segmentation by recreation experience in island-based tourism: A case study of Taiwan’s Liuqiu Island. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 26(3), 362–378.
27. Moon, H., & Han, H. (2019). Tourist experience quality and loyalty to an island destination: The moderating impact of destination image. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 36(1), 43–59.
28. Murphy, P. E., & Pritchard, M. (1997). Destination price-value perceptions: An examination of origin and seasonal influences. Journal of Travel Research, 35(3), 16–22.
29. Prebensen, N. K., Vittersø, J., & Dahl, T. I. (2013). Value co-creation significance of tourist resources. Annals of Tourism Research, 42, 240–261.
30. Ryu, K., & Han, H. (2010). Influence of the quality of food, service, and physical environment on customer satisfaction and behavioral intention in quick-casual restaurants: Moderating role of perceived price. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, 34(3), 310–329.
31. Triantafillidou, A., & Petala, Z. (2016). The role of sea-based adventure experiences in tourists’ satisfaction and behavioral intentions. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 33(sup1), 67–87.
32. Zeithaml, V. A. (1988). Consumer perceptions of price, quality, and value: A means-end model and synthesis of evidence. Journal of Marketing, 52(3), 2–22.
Copyright (c) 2020 Echo Perdana Kusumah, Ratih Hurriyati, Hamsani
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.